Thursday, 17 March 2016

Week 7 Poetry

Destiny
Walking forever,
The bullet shot
Tears were flowing
Every second was breathtaking
Knowing that it's all over.

Deep emotions 
Going through my head
My value of love is gone
Energy low.

I'm thinking of him
and only him
Love is...
Oblivious.

Written by Paris W.

Thump, Thump, Thump
Walking forever,
homesickness echoing through my brain.
The pain, the hunger,
the thirst.
Longing.
The noise of everyone walking pounds
in my head
thump, thump, thump.
The world turns hazy
thump, thump, thump
and now it’s black
thump, thump, thump’
“How do I escape this,”I scream.
It feels like a weight stopping me.
I force it off
opening my eyes
to stare at a white ceiling.
My mother jumps up, dancing around my bed
towards the door, nearly screaming in joy.
The door opens and my family tumbles in,
crowding around my bed.
And suddenly it’s silent, wide eyes staring
waiting for me to speak.
But I can’t.
I can only cry.

Written by Evie



Flag
I'm a New Zealander
The flag
Flag change
Same flag
Who cares
It's just a flag
New
Old
It's your choice
Your flag

Something that represents us
Us as a country
A whole
A fern
Koru
Or the Union Jack
It's what we are
It's what we've also been

A small country
Unknown
Hiding
In the shadows
I think something
That represents us
Not Brittain
It's not their country
It's ours.

Written by Caleb



I am Kiwi
I am a Kiwi
My homeland betrayed
Betrayed by politics
Our identity
Lost
Or just...
Gone.

Ignored by the politicians
A hoax
Covering up the truth
A muttered evasion
Overrules our land.

The famished money
Gone now
Sitting with no say
No claim
No declaration
No nothing.

Written by Eilish

No comments:

Post a Comment