Sunday, 15 March 2015

Writing Sample - The Impossible


The Disaster
The Impossible

I was born a disaster.
I will end as one too.
It’s just a fact.

My entrance to life is always very grand, to give you an example, let’s use today:
As my water body takes shape, I look around the environment that I will soon consume. I’m going to have to live here for a while, waiting for my water body to gather itself up for a new place (even after I am finished with my mission, I never die. I am immortal) my solid body, a wall of water and destruction has risen. And now they will fall…

As a tsunami, I have no guilt, no mercy, and no care. Except to bring evenness back to the world. My entrance to life has to be just as grand as my end. My rebirth taking as long as repairs to the damage I’ve done. And my kill counts as long as the people they have given life to.

I look down upon the thousands of jovial naive humans. I dive, pitiless and ready to destroy my victims. They try to run from me but I’m never-ending, ceaseless, and constant.

Later…
I am not whole now. I am floating through the wreckage I created, moving slowly and inconspicuously back to be reborn as a new disaster. I have served my purpose for now…

Written by Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment