Wednesday, 2 September 2015

Cultural Festival Tues 1st Sept

Last night I witnessed a brilliant display of culture at the Primary Schools Cultural Festival held at the Horncastle Arena.  Our senior kapa haka group showed maturity and commitment in their performance!  This year they have worked really hard to learn and incorporate a number of new skills - i.e. rakau, poi and the conch shells.  Great job!

2015 performance video
Alice, Nyah and Amelia looked beautiful with their chin moko and feathered cloaks.
Noah, Max Co., Torian, Quincy and Louis led the boys strongly. 
Amelia and Alice with matua and whāea.

Rakau routine


poi


Amelia on conch shell
Alice on conch shell

8 comments:

  1. Was an awesome night!!! Well done kapa haka group. Thanks mrs P for the cool photos ;)
    -Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very strong performance by all of the kapa haka.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job Kapa Haka! Best performance I've seen!
    - Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look really cool. Best year yet! Good job everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally amazing! great job guys!

    -Paige

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well than Kapa Haka!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done guys I bet you were amazing!
    Leila

    ReplyDelete